The Annual bioProcessUK Conference runs a popular Bursary Poster Competition where approximately 25-30 high calibre postgraduate students and post doctoral researchers have an opportunity to display a poster showcasing their research in biological medicines and bioprocessing.
A popular feature of the conference is the early career “poster flash” session where selected bursary winners will also take to the stage with a short oral presentation.
The competition also provides students with a chance to build their network by engaging with industry professionals. Presenting a poster is beneficial to career and professional development of young researchers.
Benefits of participating in the poster prize competition include:
- Make connections – build networks and share information and research with academia and companies across the UK
- Enhance professional development
- Present research achievements to a wide audience
- Advertise work to potential employers
- Show-off creative ability and discuss ideas – inspiration for new projects comes out of questions asked, and opportunities for new collaborations are often found.
Judging will be by conference delegates and the overall winner will be awarded a prize